Tagged by Lindsay (and yes sorry I’m late. I’ve been off tumblr for a while)
Rules: Find out what characters share the same personality type as you here and list the characters that you find relevant. Then tag five friends and let them know you tagged them!
IDK Who to tag so… and also I’m not feeling well right now. So whoever wants to do it, feel free.
And I’ll tag anyone who wants to do it.
I’m an INTP and I Approve These as being INTPs:
- Victor Comstock in Remember WENN
- Catherine in Proof
- Will Hunting from Good Will Hunting (although there are problems with this placement, see below)
- Mr Bennet in Pride and Prejudice
- Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation (possible?)
- The Doctor from Star Trek Voyager (possible?)
- Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter
- Sherlock on Sherlock (although he displays a lot of Se as well)
Why TV Tropes can’t be trusted:
- Belle from Beauty and the Beast (WHAT!!!!? How!?)
- They used to have Tris from Divergent listed as an INTP. No! Wrong!
- And funkymbtifiction.tumblr.com has Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride as an INTP — I certainly don’t see it.
I have two big problem with these sorts of lists.
- These are fictional characters and writers often combine character traits in ways “not found in nature.” See Will in Good Will Hunting: he’s an INTP most of time except when he randomly switches into party-boy SP mode. He’s a little to successfully gregarious to be a true INTP.
- We often see very little of a character’s inner thought process. Too little to accurately determine their type. Some of these determinations are made with so little evidence there is no way they can be valid.